Day 6: Repentance and Redemption for Secular Jews
- That they'll know that God hasn’t forsaken them in spite of the Holocaust and other tragedies, but that He has been faithful to His covenant, He’s preserved a remnant, and brought them back to their land so that they will meet with Him
- That they'll sense an emptiness from all the pleasures and philosophies of this world, hunger for truth, and find fulfillment in the only One who is Truth, Yeshua
- That Israeli believers will be able to show an example of abundant life in God as opposed to the dryness of Orthodox Judaism, so that secular Israelis will see the beauty and love of God as expressed in Yeshua
- That there will be a deep and widespread repentance for the rampant practices of abortion, homosexuality, drugs, etc., and that they'll choose the path of life and righteousness in Jesus
- That they won’t follow the worldly example of the rest of the nations (just like in Biblical times), but will embrace God’s special calling to be a blessing to the nations through Yeshua
Isaiah 49:14-16 But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me, and my Lord has forgotten me.”
“Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me.”
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
Isaiah 62:12 [Of the Jewish people and Jerusalem]: And they shall call them The Holy People, the Redeemed of the Lord; and you shall be called Sought Out, a City Not Forsaken.
Isaiah 4:2-3 In that day the Branch of the Lord shall be beautiful and glorious; and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and appealing for those of Israel who have escaped. And it shall come to pass that he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy – everyone who is recorded among the living in Jerusalem.
Isaiah 26:8-9 In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah….“Yes, Lord, walking in the way of Your laws, we wait for You; Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. My soul yearns for You in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for You. When Your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.”
Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Luke 15:17-19 “But when [the prodigal son] came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.” ’ ”
Ezekiel 20:32-35 “What you have in your mind shall never be, when you say, ‘We will be like the Gentiles, like the families in other countries, serving wood and stone.’ As I live,” says the Lord God, “surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you. I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered…. And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face.”
Isaiah 44:21b-23 “O Israel, you will not be forgotten by Me! I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions, and like a cloud, your sins. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.”
Sing, O heavens, for the Lord has done it! Shout, you lower parts of the earth; break forth into singing, you mountains, O forest, and every tree in it! For the Lord has redeemed Jacob, and glorified Himself in Israel.